Version 0.9.9.8 (10/04/2013) – Reviving Live Tiles for WP8
Courtesy of Eli Ofek:
- You can set Home and Work favorites and their arrival ETA will show up on Waze live tile.
– Fixed a bug for honoring back button from the main screen.
Version 0.9.9.7 (06/02/2013) – Yet another voodoo fix
– Trying to close pop up messages in WP8 device led to unexplained crashes (voodoo). By applying the same spell of splitting the crashing function into 2 pieces I managed to make the crashes go away. Go figure…
Version 0.9.9.6 (03/02/2013) – Works on WP8 (at least on Nokia Lumia 920)
– Due to some voodoo cibyl does, the network session variable was nullified in unexpected places. Splitting the function that consumes it solved the problem (at least for now).
Version 0.9.9.6 (27/6/2012) – More stabilizations
- Better zoom in/out gesture support
– Fixed many lockups scenarios
– Revived the ‘Resume Navigation’ dialog
– Revived the ‘Northify’ button
– Added ‘save logs’. Whenever you see a problem, click on this menu item and the logs will be sent to my dropbox.
Version 0.9.9.5 (5/5/2012) – Missing Tiles / Search problems are over?
– HTTP Connections are much more reliable now. I hope missing tiles problem and search problems are over
– Fixed null pointer exception in RTLMessageBox
– Fixed WebStats crash
Version 0.9.9.4 (16/4/2012) – And… another map stuck bug
- Now the map getting stuck was around the touch events handling – fixed
– As a result of the fix, map movement is much more reliable. No more map getting all blank when you swipe your finger fast. You can now really follow the proposed track with moving the map across the path.
Version 0.9.9.3 (14/4/2012) – Another day, another endless loop fixed
– Fixed yet another endless loop causing map to get stuck
– Better HTTP handling. You should expect better tiles management.
Version 0.9.9.2 (13/4/2012) – and… presto
- After several frustrating weeks I finally succeed in repro’ing the map being stuck bug. The reason it was so hard to find is the scenario where waze wants to display a bitmap but due to some reason the image size is 0. This leads to endless loop while trying to see what text size should fit into such bitmap.
– Fixed the appbar issues – the appbar will be always visible now.
Version 0.9.9.1 (11.4.2012) – fixing a regression
– AppBar blocks the navigation bar (street name, eta etc.) – the appbar will be minimized again until we solve this issue.
Version 0.9.9.0 (9.4.2012) – and still stabilizing
– Clicking on Alternate Routes in portrait mode did not do anything (problem was that it expected the finger to click 40 pixels below) – fixed.
– Fixed Race condition in language loading that cause Waze to crash during load.
Version 0.9.8.9 (9.4.2012) – still stabilizing
– Fixed application lockups during map navigation
– AppBar menu is shown by default – more accessible and less confusing for new users
– Reporting fixed for languages other than English and Hebrew (yes, we have users from other countries)
– Pressing Back button takes the car back to focus on map (and then shows the confirmation message). This is good if you want a button that will always bring you back to same state, no matter where you are in the app.
Version 0.9.8.8 (28.2.2012) – I wanna report this
Eli Ofek has done it again and redesigned the reporting screen with easy to use icons for your convenience.
Version 0.9.8.7 – Stabilizations
Courtesy of Eli Ofek
- ETA now finds Work/Home favorites written in every casing permutation (Work,woRK, HOMe etc.)
- You wanted Exit to be fast – you got it.
- Pressing Back button on main screen exists Waze (w/ Confirmation).
- No Exit option on menu – WP standard UI. Added settings to determine whether to show Confirmation or not. Disabling Live tile now really disabled it
-Accessibility fix – when pressing +/- Zoom button on map the flickering is now being done with black background instead of white
- ETA not always shown on live tile due to file access issues – fixed
- ETAs no longer show negative values
Version 0.9.8.6 – Don’t Stop My Music
Eli Ofek keeps contributing great stuff. This time, helping feature for you who love to hear music/audio books while navigating. Waze will no longer stop you currently playing music but rather play the directions in a louder volume.
Version 0.9.8.5 – The killer feature just got better
Eli Ofek doesn’t seem to stop surprising us and enhanced the When-To-Go-Home feature to include Work ETA too.
1. You now have dedicated screen for configuring the live tile settings. From this screen you can also email crash log to help us stabilize this feature.
2. The number in circle is Max(ETA Home, ETA Work) so on the mornings it will show ETA to Work and from afternoon will provide ETA to Home.
3. The flipped tile details both ETAs
Version 0.9.8.4 – The feature you were all waiting for
“When to go home” feature was added by Eli Ofek and me. You now have live tile updating at the frequency you choose to update you about the time it will take you to drive home.
1. At the settings screen, go to Other screen and there you will find Live tile settings. Enable it and set its update frequency.
2. Add favorite named ‘home’
3. Watch update time inside you tile updated at the frequency you defined
4. After few seconds, watch detailed ETA message
Version 0.9.8.3 – A couple of nice ones
Courtesy of Eli Ofek:
– Fixed orientation issues – now you can rotate the device back and forth and picture will be set flawlessly
– Added new Setting for disabling auto-rotating picture when rotating the device – Street names on navigation bar are better aligned now
Courtesy of Eran Gonen:
– Added a native language select dialog to be shown at first use
– Changed the minimization of the application bar to be native, eliminating the map resize
– Stabilized the zoom-in/out gestures to avoid moving the map or showing context menu while pinching
Version 0.9.8.2 – Even more stabilized
- Resolved a major issue where the navigation commands were still playing while the map is frozen
– Resolved the case where Waze was stuck forever with white screen during startup
– Change pinch gestures to be much less sensitive in order to provide better experience when zooming in/out
Version 0.9.8.1 – Working on the small details
– Courtesy of Eli Ofek:
- Added ‘Restore Favorites’ option under Settings screen for cases where they are not restored automatically
- If Dialog is in progress, ignore map touches that are not GPS emulation or app bar requests
– Fixed crashes during writing long search string in Search Address page
– Setting a skin in Settings screen is now working
– Auto night-mode is now working. Expect different map colors at night
– Ads are now showing – not sure if it’s a good thing or bad :)
– Dialog border are being drawn correctly. Alerts are now readable
– Hazards, Wazers and Ads are now clickable
– Green bottom bar is finally showing – now you can see the directions properly
Version 0.9.8.0 – It’s stabilization time
– Decreased memory consumption by 100MB – no more sporadic failures
– Fixed font issues – no more “System.ArgumentException: The character ‘С’ (0x0421) is not available in this SpriteFont. If applicable, adjust the font’s start and end CharacterRegions to include this character.”
– Added memory consumption on the About page
– Added initial Anti-Aliasing – map should look better now
– Fixed text alignment
– Added build number to the crash report email
– Fixed many other crashes – Screen is now turning white when switching between zoom levels
– Multitouch support – you can now pinch-to-zoom
– Courtesy of Eli Ofek: Fixed landscape mode
Version 0.9.7.9 – TOUCHDOWN!
Welcome XNA: converted all graphic drawing to XNA. HUGE performance improvement – smooth map movement at all zoom levels. Finally a version that gives proper fight to iPhone/Android versions.
Version 0.9.7.8 – The final touch
Another huge contribution by Eran Gonen:
– Settings are now implemented using native controls. Panorama screen allows you to edit all settings in one place
– Alternate routes are available using native dialogs
– Navigation dialog now contains the destination and the dialog is finally properly aligned
Courtesy of Noam Ben-Yochanan:
– Waze initial position is no longer Bavli Tel Aviv but the current one
– Clicking on app-bar area does not count as clicking on map anymore
– Stabilization improvements – several null exceptions that were reported were fixed
– Scoreboard (ניקוד) now opens the browser with your stats
– We have the Navigation List (מסלול) menu option the lists the navigation route steps
Version 0.9.7.7 – More Native Dialogs
Another great contribution from Eran Gonen:
– App crash stack traces will be mailed to me.
– Added native screens for Favorites, Recent searches, Saved Locations, Map Settings and Car choosing. Long click on items in each of the screen brings up context menu with the relevant options.
– Search screen now has shortcuts for Favorites, Recent Searches and Saved Locations.
– No more ‘Waze needs to be restarted due to infra changes’ message.
– Messages are now aligned according to the language.
Version 0.9.7.6 – Hello Native Dialogs
Huge contribution by Eran Gonen:
– Logon, Sign-in, Sign-up, Search and Search Results dialogs are now being drawn using WP7 controls. This means you should expect great experience when using them.
– Long click on a search result will bring up context menu that will allow you to add the result to the favorites and additional useful options (see screenshot). Short click will calculate the route
Courtesy of Amit Finkelstein:
– Changed GPS to pull mode – no more “No GPS reception” when you are waiting for the green light.
Courtesy of Eli Ofek:
– App Bar is now visible on Waze startup and will stay opened while browsing through the menu items.
– Messages are now right aligned.
– Brought back WAV files instead of WMA – the media player handle compressed sound file too slowly. Sorry folks, the package is getting back to be 8MB.
– Changed application name to Waze so it will be easy to invoke it using Voice :)
– Reporting now works again – had some regression.
Version 0.9.7.5 – It’s Mango time
Big contribution from Eli Ofek:
– Recompiled against mango (SL4)
– Changed the fav icon in the app bar to start Favorites and not Saved Locations.
– Removed the Nbidi transformation, as SL4 supports RTL, no need to convert the strings any more.
– Changed the AppBar to be hidden by default, to utilize the screen better while driving. Touching the bottom 60 pixels (approximately under the ETA bar) will pop the appbar back for 15 seconds or until a selection is made, whichever comes first.
– The previous item exposes new text line at the bottom of the screen that is used to directing the driver to where the next turn should be.
– Network now supports max 6 concurrent connections per host, and since then no more “Operation Failed” errors.
– Removed redundant lock statments to increase speed.
– Added support for Landscape mode. Rotating the device causes the map to rotate too.
Courtesy of Amit Finkelstein:
– Converted WAV files to WMA in order to decrease package size. XAP file is now only 4MB (thanks Eran Yariv for the tip).
Note: that the sporadic “oops” failure during Search won’t stop by the new version. it’s not a client problem, it’s a server problem. it happens on WM6.5 & Android versions too the last few weeks.
We believe it’s load related, as it happens mainly when you try to calculate routes during rush hours.
- With courtesy of Meni Zalzman, converted queue implementation to real queue + changed ‘equals’ override from Java style to C# so that items will be actually checked for containment. This should result in better performance.
– Changed the Exit icon on the app bar to Favorites as it’s more common action. Exit is still available on the ellipsis (…) menu.
– Changed HTTP error handling to be more robust. This, along with the queue fixes should get Waze more reliable and less ‘Operation Failed’ kind of app.
– Fixed Realtime alerts menu. Now it will show all alerts from all categories.
– Increased pre-fetching to contain more tiles around the current point.
- Copying sound files from resource to isolatedStroage on demand. This should improve startup times and reliability.
– Fixed English sound files – now you can really hear English (rather than hebrew…)
– Added Menu Bar icon for quick actions: MeOnMap, Report, Navigate and Quit
– Quit really works now (had to throw unhandled exception to achieve that, go figure)
– Added cancel navigation menu item (just below Navigate)
– Cleaned up top toolbar – only GPS indication is shown as other icons were not functional
– Text should be more aligned now. Look at the settings menus.
– Clicking on report now offers you ‘Me On Map’ as one of the options in case you accidentally pressed it and want to go back to map.
- Added Tile Cache for last 500 tiles (tile == vector data describing area in the map). Whenever Waze downloads a tile from the web it will now keep it on isolated storage so next time you need it will load instantly. The cache is managed in Fifo way so only the last 500 tiles will be kept.
- Added pre-cached tiles for Tel-Aviv till Hod-Hashron. From the menu choose ‘טען מפה’ – (one item before Exit option). This will load the cache with tiles of the area starting from Tel Aviv till Hod Hasharon.
- Reliability fix – catching NotSupportedOperation coming from Web requests.
- REPORTING WORKS! Now you can be good citizen and help Waze get more up-to-date data by posting alerts (on the menu, click ‘דווח’).
– Enhanced reliability – startup crashes are history.
– Back button regression resolved. Pressing Back will return to map.
– Clicking OK on ‘please wait’ dialogs was sometimes crashing – fixed.
– Fixed mumbling at the end of many wav files.
– Fixed timing issues with playing sounds to be more compatible with slower devices (and ones with Mango).
– When entering username/password/address – the Enter key in the on-screen keyboard is now connected to the OK button.
– The splash screen at startup no longer shows garbage at the bottom.
- Decent performance, finally. Zlib operations were done against IsolatedStorage temp files, one byte at a time. Now all is done in memory – huge performance gain.
- Fixed map scrolling (at last). Now you can drag the map over and over again without need to pin your last position before next dragging.
- Sounds are now more reliable – Waze makes extra care of delivering them even if the application crashed during init phase.
- Input dialogs are now automatically opening the keyboard pane, no need for the extra click in the textbox
- Speed optimizations
- Perception is everything: on logon screen you get ‘please wait’ message after clicking on every button so at least you will have feedback that the touch was received and being processed.
- (As you can see from the title) Added version number. From now on you will able to know what version is the latest vs. the one you have. From the menu choose ‘About’ to see your current version.
- Hebrew support – finally you can use Native Keyboard to search address in hebrew.
– Application and tile icons – it’s about time.
– Increased street cached for better performance.
– No more language downloads.
- Replaced general menu icon with Waze icon.
- Made audio directions smoother – no more lagging.
- Speed improvements by eliminating log writing in Release mode
– Back button now returns to map instead of bailing out the app.
– Removed ‘Shortcuts’ menu item.
– Added ‘Save’ button for ‘Data Usage’ menu.
- Added ‘Save’ button to General Settings and Navigation Settings page.
- Fixed ‘Save’ button location in ‘Map Settings’ page.
- Map browsing is much faster. Also, no more double clicks and other voodoo for entering user creds.
– Dialogs text are finally aligned. No more descriptions, ETAs and Speed coming out of their borders.
– In ‘Add to Favorites’ dialog, the ‘Save’ and ‘Cancel’ buttons are now visible.
- Added ‘Save’ button in Map Settings screen so values will be kept
- Increased the volume of the directions to 100% instead of 80%
25/7/2011 – Initial version